Corellas & the Kilmore Golf Course
Image credit: Northcote artist Colleen Burke http://www.colleenburke.net.au/
Building lush golfing greens in corella country may not have been the brightest of ideas but when the Victorian Department of Environment, Land, Water & Planning approved a permit to kill the native birds to stop them feeding on the fairways it's not surprising that the community was outraged.
We hear from those fighting to save the corellas by advocating for non-lethal bird deterrent methods.
We also interview those willing to adopt cost-effective non-lethal technology currently available for managing corellas; proving that enjoying a round of golf in the country doesn't need to be lethal for native wildlife.
- Corellas – Cut Their Culling Facebook page. Closed group.
- Request to join. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1844318402508097/?fref=nf
- Change petition - Stop The Culling. Please sign.
- Non-lethal bird deterrent technology http://www.birdgard.com.au/
To request non-lethal bird control methods are adopted, please contact:
- Minister for Energy, Environment and Climate Change Lily D'Ambrosio
- firstname.lastname@example.org (03) 9637 9504
- Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
- Ph:136 186
- DELWP feedback form. http://www2.delwp.vic.gov.au/our-department/contact-us
- Rob Mitchell MP Federal Member for McEwen
- email@example.com Ph: (03) 9333 0440
- Kilmore Golf Club